The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of Sakthi College of arts and Science was formed in 2019, with the main motive of upgrading and sustaining the quality of Higher Education.
AIM OF IQAC:
- Promoting measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC of the institution adopts certain strategies to fulfil its mission statements.
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial task.
- Keeping up the relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Offering equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimizing and integrating modern methods of teaching, learning and evaluation and assuring the integrity of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services.
- Sharing research resources and networking with other institutions in India.
- Ensuring timely and efficient performance of curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Promoting and sustaining the quality of academic and research activities.
The functions of the IQAC of the institution are clearly defined.
- Developing and applying quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Acting as a change agent in the institution so as to ensure quality.
- Disseminating information on various quality parameters of higher education.
- Monitoring the preparation of the annual academic plan of the college, the action plan of departments, and the teaching plan of individual faculty member.
- Promoting quality culture in the institution.
- Conducting review meetings at intervals and imbibe quality consciousness.
- Collecting, consolidating and considering the valid suggestions, offered by the students, alumni, parents and other stakeholders through the available feedback system.
- Organizing inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Preparing the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per the guidelines of NAAC and do timely submission to NAAC in future.